Thanksgiving is mere weeks away. We just started this blog so I’m going to post a few belated updates about what we’ve already done in prep for the big day:
- Mike made an awesome digital invitation so that we can invite the whole world to join our T-day.
- Included in the invitation, an FAQ in case anyone is curious how – and why – we do this crazy thing.
- Chris made a brand new Turkey Tracking device, with temperature probes that will – hopefully – not burn up if there is a “thermal malfunction” in the smoker this year.
- Also, the device now Twitters! (In addition to updating the online temperature graph.) Note: Yes, it twittered a lot on the test run. Chris has adjusted it since so it’s not quite so chatty.
- Mid-October we tested the thing with a chicken. It seemed to work. I’ll let Chris give you technical details.
And me? Um, I took some photos. And started up this blog. My responsibilities are pretty much: moral support, spreading the word, and cooking some sort of dish with yams.